Mechanical Sales Engineer
Come and join our Efficiency Solutions team and help us to grow! We are looking for a Mechanical Sales Engineer to work in the greater New York City area.
The primary mission of this position is the development of mechanical efficiency solutions for large commercial and industrial customers in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The Mechanical Sales Engineer will work closely with Business Development Executives and project managers to ensure high customer satisfaction in identification and sales of turnkey mechanical retrofit projects. You will also be responsible for initial audits of facilities, creation of scopes of work that will be used in sales proposals, development of accurate project costs and savings, assisting in closing of sales opportunities, and working with utility personnel on all items needed for incentive money for the project.
- Ability to quickly evaluate existing HVAC, Building Automation Systems, and other mechanical systems in a facility, identify potential efficiency solutions, and develop the conceptual design and potential economics of the efficiency solutions to be used in an initial proposal.
- With Customer commitment, ability to develop the design and economics of the efficiency solutions to form the basis for a design/build firm price proposal.
- Ability to create and revise project scopes to conform to ROI and Payback criteria that will meet client, utility and sales requirements.
- Ability to develop savings calculations that satisfy utility engineering review criteria to qualify for utility incentives.
- Work with utility on all facets of ensuring project conforms and fully qualifies for incentives.
- Ability to develop mechanical designs and specifications that form the basis for placing purchase orders for equipment and contracts for installation of the equipment and systems.
- Ability to identify comprehensive projects, (mechanical, gas, controls, etc.), and bring in necessary resources to develop a comprehensive project, as warranted
- Work with sales executives and project managers in a team environment to create value for customers
- Use a detail-oriented approach to evaluate sales opportunities and adjust as needed to customer needs
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-8 years minimum turn-key mechanical energy efficiency project development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of design of HVAC systems and BAS efficiency control strategies.
- General knowledge of mechanical contracting and construction processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Located within the tri-state area
Why work with Mantis?
We offer the best benefits in our industry which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, FSA, HSA, and flexible work from home days.
Backed by a culture of ingenuity, excellence, and a curious but humble approach to problem solving, Mantis Innovation is reimagining facility performance. We provide managed facility services and turnkey program management with technology-enabled solutions that target the entire building footprint – from roofs, walls, and pavement, to HVAC, lighting, and power – as we guide our clients on their journey towards increased sustainability.
Our dynamic and diverse workforce and regional office locations span the country from Massachusetts to Washington. Our goal is to foster creativity and emphasize innovative approaches to problem solving. As a company, we support and promote teams across the organization by building skillsets, empowering professional development, and welcoming diversity among our employees, both in their backgrounds and in their viewpoints. With an autonomous working environment and collaborative company culture, we’re proud of our work/life balance and commitment to having fun along the way.
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mantis Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.