Commodities Pricing Specialist -Energy
Do you enjoy negotiating prices and contracts?
Do you thrive on building relationships internally and externally?
Do you have experience have a passion for sustainable and renewable energy?
If you answered yes to these, then we want to talk to you!
Mantis is seeking a motivated, professional Commodity and Sustainability Analyst to join its Pricing Department. The Specialist will support the Mantis sales team, with minimal guidance, by compiling and analyzing retail electricity & natural gas supply rates from our network of national energy suppliers. In addition to electric and gas, the analyst will also be working in the sustainable and renewable energy field. The analyst will assist Mantis commercial, industrial, and governmental clients in navigating complex, competitive energy supply markets; in purchasing energy at the best available rates; and in securing favorable contract language and terms in line with the client’s risk tolerance. Analyst will also work cross functionally with other departments to support the collaborative sales process between Mantis Divisions that include various other products.
Price collection and distribution
- Collects and organizes pertinent information from the sales representative and local distribution company in preparation for the bidding process.
- Applies energy market, supplier, and product knowledge throughout the bidding process to ensure optimum pricing results.
- Coordinates, collects, and analyzes pricing from various suppliers in preparation for Pricing presentations to our customers.
- Provides prompt pricing that is executable in a highly volatile commodity market.
- Handles complex pricing and contracting issues.
Internal and external relationship management
- Main point of contact for our Internal Sales department and Retail Suppliers to manage the pricing process for multiple clients.
- Manage supplier relationships like closing ratios and provide product and pricing feedback.
- Working cross functionally to support the collaborative sales process between Mantis Divisions including various solutions.
Contract negotiation and execution
- Negotiates and buys requested products, prices, and terms from our supplier network that our clients request.
- Responsible for the creation and request of the customer’s supplier agreement and confirms the validity and execution of the agreement.
Market research and understanding
- Comprehends basic market information and trends.
- Ability to break down industry concepts to aid in the training and education process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : (EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, etc.)
- BA or BS from an accredited university, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or a related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, etc.)
- Customer service or Sales experience is preferred
- 1 or more years of Retail energy or oil & gas industry experience
- Familiarity with Excel and quantitative analysis including a high level of computer literacy.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THE JOB WELL)
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Very detailed oriented and can work effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively process, understand and review large amounts of data in a timely manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of legal terms.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Work is performed in a non-smoking office setting if housed in Bedford, MA Office, however Remote work is an option if out of state. In office employees are able to work a hybrid schedule, offering Mondays and Fridays as WFH days.
- Working extended hours may be required as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
- $60,000-75,000 Annually DOE
- Comprehensive Benefits Including Medical, Dental, Vision, with a large portion of the premium paid by us!
- 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- PTO, Sick Leave, and 11 Paid Holidays (we toss in more than the "typical" holidays - we will toss in the day after Thanksgiving, Good Friday, Juneteenth - to name a few)
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position's duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Mantis Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.