Commercial Roofing Survey Technician - Nationwide
- Do you have a passion for commercial roofing?
- Do you have experience in the roofing, construction, or facility mgmt industries?
- Would you love traveling the country and getting out on roofs in all 50 states?
We are looking for skilled and passionate commercial roofing professionals to join our teams!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Commercial Roofing Survey Technician
To effectively apply Mantis survey methodology in the facility inspection process (roof, walls, pavement, and energy) for facility asset management projects. The primary duty will surround commercial roof surveys, but other duties may include pavement surveys, building envelope surveys, and quality assurance observation.
PAY RANGE: $22 to $28/hr
DUTY: Roof Survey
- Inspect and evaluate roof asset under the direction of a Project Manager/Project Coordinator with consistent accuracy
- Properly capture section surveys with MANTIS tablet technology
- Take clear photos (no silhouettes/shadows) of the building, roof, defects, inventory, and perimeter
- Take perimeter measurements
- Take GPS data points
- Identify roof assembly, inventory, and roof defects
- Identify any hazardous conditions
- Remove debris from roof to allow for thorough visual evaluation of the entire roof surface
- Clean and open drains, scuppers, and gutters for inspection of drainage systems
- Re-attach any loose metal work (flashings, counter-flashings, gutters, and downspouts) and seal for water and air intrusion to check for proper fit and water-tightness during the inspection process
- Removal of accumulated grease, oil, coolant or any caustic materials present on roof membrane which could cause a safety hazard during the inspection process
- Collect core samples and repair holes on all commercial roof types
- As needed, perform minor repairs to prevent leaks
- Make recommendations based upon inspection
- Cross training on pavement, building envelope, and energy inspection required as needed.
- Adhere to MANTIS safety standards at all times
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as project requires. May include full-body harness, lanyards, ropes, anchors, work gloves, sun screen, UV protective safety glasses, hat to deflect sun, hard hat, work boots, and safety vest or high-visibility shirt
- Participate and/or lead in identifying job hazards through the job hazard analysis (JHA) form and alternatives to said hazards
- Participate and/or lead daily safety briefing
- Stop work, report conditions and/or behavior, and suspend work until conditions or behavior have been resolved
- Report all incidents immediately including near misses
- Handling hazardous materials as directed by safety data sheets (SDS)
- Enter time into system on a daily basis
- Complete expense report accurately and timely providing all necessary back-up
- Respond to emails/voicemails in a timely manner Upload data on a daily basis
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ yrs. construction/roofing experience
- OSHA 10 and other safety certifications
- IIBEC Certification: Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- AS/BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Roofing Technology Certificate
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Ability to travel up to 80-90% (via vehicle, airplane, etc.)
- Heavy physical demands, lifting up to 50-75 lbs daily, standing up to 10-12 hours daily
- Work is typically performed out-of-doors with exposure to all types of weather
- Work is performed on or in the buildings of customers
- Work requires safely climbing ladders daily
- Work is performed in a non-smoking environment
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as email and telephone Working extended hours may be required as needed
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mantis Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law